Benefits for Students
- Customized Lesson Plans
- Recital & Performance Opportunities
- Community Service
- Academic Choices
- Certificate of Merit TM (CM) (as administered by the MTAC)
- Royal Conservatory of Music
- National Guild
- Computer Lab
Benefits for Parents
- Convenient Location in Fair Oaks
- Materials provided (no need to shop for music)
- SJUSD Visions in Education
- South Sutter Charter Schools
- BA in Music (1982) – CSUS
- Over 35 years teaching private piano lessons
- Active member MTAC since 1982
- Now averaging 30+ students participating in CM each year
- Founding Teacher, Royal Conservatory of Music
- Establish practice routine
- Positive attitude
Welcome to Becker Music Studio, Inc. which provides piano lessons to students in the greater Sacramento County area including Fair Oaks and Carmichael. I hope you will find our website informative as you gather information about piano lessons for your child or yourself.
As an active member of the Music Teachers’ Association of California since 1982, I prepare students to meet the challenges and goals of the Certificate of MeritTM (CM) program as administered by the MTAC. My students are successful in their efforts, and we achieve wonderful results.
My teaching approach is classical. This is not about playing by ear. There is no substitute for hard work. Music is hard fun! I teach and test for understanding for all assignments. It is up to the student to practice. Yes, “Ya gotta wanna!” There is weekly accountability. Every student is expected to meet the goals and accomplish the objectives given at each lesson. I am the student’s musical coach.
I teach beginning, intermediate, and advanced piano for children and adults. You might ask, “What’s the best age to begin my child in formal piano instruction?” Please call me, and let’s discuss your particular situation. Lessons are individual. Please call me to schedule an orientation, where I can assess your child’s readiness for piano lessons, or hear what they’ve been working on.
The Becker Music Studio is dedicated to providing the very best service, customized lesson plans, and musical education for you and your child. Music appreciation, musicianship, and nurturing your child’s musical development are my primary objectives. Seeing and hearing you or your child excel at piano – making those notes come to life and creating some of the most beautiful music ever – is sheer joy for me!”
- Promote musical literacy.
- Instill a passion for learning.
- Develop musicianship through study of theory, technique, ear-training, and sight-reading.
- Study literature of the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Impressionist/Early 20th Century, and Contemporary periods, as well as, all styles of music, including hymns, jazz, and pop.
- Prepare students for public performance in formal and casual settings.
- Have fun.