- Bachelor of Arts in Music (Piano) 1982
California State University, Sacramento
- Student of Dr. Richard Carpenter
Professional Membership & Leadership
- Member: State Board of Directors, Music Teachers’ Association of California (2019-2021) and (2013-2015)
- MTAC State Convention Chair – 2011, 2013, & 2017
- 2013 Founding Teacher with Royal Conservatory of Music, Sacramento Region (RCM)
- President, Sacramento County Branch of MTAC (2007-2009)
- Director, MTAC, Sacramento County Branch (2009 – 2011)
- Regional Chair (Sacramento), National Piano Teachers Guild (NPTG) (2009 – 2010)
- Member: Sacramento County Branch, MTAC, since 1982
- Member: National Piano Teachers Guild since 2004
- Member: American Guild of Organists (AGO) since 2009
- Mr. Becker is a freelance pianist/organist within various faith communities in the Sacramento area, providing accompaniment for choirs and congregational singing.
About the Teacher
- Private Teacher of Piano since 1982
- Mr. Becker resides with his wife of more than 35 years in Fair Oaks.
- Promote musical literacy.
- Instill a passion for learning.
- Develop musicianship through study of theory, technique, ear-training, and sight-reading.
- Study literature of the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Impressionist/Early 20th Century, and Contemporary periods, as well as, all styles of music, including hymns, jazz, and pop.
- Prepare students for public performance in formal and casual settings.
- Have fun.